Saturday, August 10, 2013

Signed and Sealed

The building is officially ours! Now its time for demo and cleanup. The actual shell of the building is nice, everything else is pretty much garbage. Part of the lease agreement was that the owner would repaint the interior, which was white, but I feel like a color change is in order. Our building is actually a concrete tilt-up, and these buildings look beautiful when unfinished (in my opinion anyways). Since sanding the existing paint of the walls would be an insane proposition, I am choosing to repaint them a light(ish) grey color. I chose a color that was light enough to feel warm, but dark enough that the stainless steel tanks would stand out in front of the walls.

I want to rearrange the walls inside to make the building feel more open, and I want to add another bathroom or two. The smartest thing to do would be finish these improvements, then have painting done, but the coordination of that would be most difficult; so, paint first then demo, then paint again.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! If you need a hand, I'll be more than happy to swing a hammer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely it will be a sledge, lol. And thanks, your help would be much appreciated!

      Cheers

      Delete