Monday, August 5, 2013

Busy busy busy

We haven't signed the lease yet, but hopefully by Wednesday. I spent the weekend ordering items for the new electric pilot system we are building;  As of now, I am waiting on parts.

This morning I dropped off my old brew station (pictured below) at the welders so he can use it as a template to build another one (One very happy member from my brew club bought my old gas setup).


The first stand I built--I will miss you girl (sniffle) 

 Since I was at the welders I took some measurements of the tanks we are working on so I can get the parts ordered. I noticed (well, was reminded) that one of our lids was missing so I called Ager tanks. apparently it left Oregon with two lids but only arrived with one; the delivery driver must have forgot to mention that he lost my 5' diameter stainless steel lid going down the freeway at 65MPH. Luckily Ager tanks offered to send a replacement, no problem.

I also talked with the water department. Well, two of them really. Rancho Water supplies our brewing water, and Eastern Municipal handles our waste water. We will need to set up accounts with Rancho Water for billing, but need to get permits from Eastern Municipal for sewer... Its odd and even they were confused. Since I was there I  asked for a water report from Rancho Water so we can see what our brewing water looks like. They didn't have it handy so I am waiting for a call from the Regional Senior Water Quality Manager--yea, I made that up...

Lastly, my partner and I went over some of the ABC requirements and are currently finishing our LLC with the state of California. They need to know every detail of your life so there is lots to fill out.

I ended the day calling for quotes on logo design, fermenters, bright tanks, glycol chillers, and keg washers. This stuff adds up quickly so you really have to do your homework. I originally planned on 4 fermenters and 1 bright tank, but I think at first I may only do 2 fermenters and a double stacked bright tank so we can carbonate two beers at a time, or carbonate and age another. This setup will be allow us to produce 28 kegs of beer every 2 weeks. Of course, if capital allowed, it would be best to get 4 fermenters, a serving tank for each of our styles, and a carbonating tank just for kegging.

ps. If anyone knows a good logo designer, please, let me know!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment